Ever since I finished the Sea Nymph for my son there have been arguments over who should get to play with it when we are down at the local lake. The obvious solution to this was to build another one! This time however I have taken a different tack, rather than buy a full kit I decided to look for an old boat I could renovate.
A chance browse of ebay last week found a possible candidate with only a tenner bid on it, it was collection only but Barnet is a pretty quick drive from here. This sounded promising… So today I won the auction for £17.55 and a new 29” boat was mine! I dropped the seller a mail and he was happy to have me collect it today, so off I popped to Barnet to fetch it home.
It is 29 1⁄2 “ long with a beam of 9 1⁄2” so is substantially larger than the Nymph. Initially I thought it was a Sea Queen, or perhaps a Sea Commander. But since getting it home I’ve realised it is neither of those, a quick post onto the model boat mayhem forums found the answer, it is actually a Sea Rover.
The two pics from the auction are below, I’ll post more when I start work on her but I expect that’ll be a little while because there is, as ever, a queue of projects!
Subscribe via RSS