[]({{ “/uploads/2013/09/photo-1-1.jpg” | prepend: site.baseurl }})So about 8 weeks ago while we were down here in Wiltshire, I flew the Dynamic-S up at the White Horse and made a bit of a dumb error in reading the wind. I thought it was coming along the slope and hitting the bowel, but I learnt the hard way that actually it was coming from slightly behind the hill causing some horrible turbulence ¬†around my normal take off and landing spot. ¬†Well, to cut a long story short the DS had a bit of a rough landing, the nose snapping clean off, but otherwise causing no damage. ¬†I had a good ponder about how to get her back in the air, eventually deciding that a new fuselage at ¬£20 or so was the easiest and probably safest route.

[]({{ “/uploads/2013/09/Screen-Shot-2013-09-29-at-21.40.04.png” | prepend: site.baseurl }})HobbyKing UK didn’t have them in stock in August, but they came in a week or so ago, just in time for me to transplant the gubbins and get her ready for this weekend which was our next planned trip out west. ¬†Friday say a nice day, but with no wind, so I flew her from the flat field at the top of the hill, about an 8 minute flight with no unpleasant surprises.

Today the wind was blowing about 15mph from the North East, ¬†swinging round to ENE at times. That meant I had to use the eastern edge of the slope, of which I have less experience. I need’nt have worried however, she was up in the air for a good 30 minutes, with still a few minutes of battery left when I landed so she could have easily flown for longer. Brilliant flight, lovely aircraft on a surprise sunny September afternoon.

I’m becoming more confident with her, rolls are nice and axial and I’m practising slow rolls with rudder fed in to keep altitude. I even managed a inverted circuit, it was a little rough, but I made it all the way round ūüôā

I’ve included a little pic below so you can see the view I have while I’m up on the hill.

[]({{ “/uploads/2013/09/photo-2-1.jpg” | prepend: site.baseurl }})