Aerokit Sea Nymph build – part 8

Right, I’ve made a start with the painting. Before starting to use the epoxy finishing resin I was worried it would be really hard to sand to a nice finish, but I needn’t have been concerned. This morning I sanded the entire boat with some 400 grit and the resin finish is looking fantastic. I’m begining to think maybe I should try resin on an aircraft at some point!

The decking area will be left as wood, so that had to be masked up first.

Then I gave everything a coat of primer.

I’m using Halfords acrylic spray cans for both the primer and top coat. Next step is to cut this back when it is properly dry, and if the finish is good enough push on with the top coat. Those green lego blocks are going to need more coats though.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *