I was pretty rubbish at taking pics during the build, a couple are terrible quality, being taken in a dimly lit living room with a camera phone, but you can see what is going on.
I had some 1/16 sheet kicking around so I started by cutting out the fuselage sides and a template for the wing ribs.
A few days later I got down to my LHS and fetched supplies of fresh Balsa, from here the build progressed fairly rapidly, first up the tail feathers:
Then a pair of wings!
And finally onto the fuselage:
These was all the shots I managed to take while building her, but I guess it isn’t a complex build so there isn’t much of interest. Onto the covering then…
I’ve always loved the DB ‘house’ colour scheme, having fond memories of seeing it on a biplane years ago, so I figured I’d replicate that scheme. I used Litespan, which I’ve always found really nice to work with, once you get over the slight faf of having to paint the Balsaloc on first.
I started the build with the tail feathers, so figured thats where I’d start the covering…
I didn’t shoot any pics of the wing or fuselage mid covering, so just a couple of her finished:
All done, and in between feeding our new baby girl countless bottles of milk too!