So there was a time when I’d rise on a Saturday a good while after that weekends episode of Home Truths had finished. Then something happened: Kids turned up.
This last weekend we de-camped to the Isle of Wight to have the kids christened on the Sunday, but also to give the toddler a treat and visit the steam railway for their ‘Day out with Thomas’ special on the Saturday.
The schedule was as follows:
- 07:00 – wake up, Toddler up, all of us in one room = all of us up
- 08:00 – everybody dressed, go for breakfast
- 08:45 – prepare to leave for Ryde
- 09:00 – leave (7 mile bomb down some country lanes)
- 09:20 – drop Jen off to browse some charity shops and get a picnic
- 09:30 – Tescos for petrol
- 09:40 – pick up Jen
- 09:45 – Pop into see the Sister in Law, leaving the youngest with her for the day
- 10:20 – Leave for Havenstreet (another 4 mile bomb down some lanes)
- 10:30 – meet friends and enjoy Thomas and steam trains
- <some semi-relaxing>
- 16:00 – Leave Havenstreet for Ryde
- 16:15 – Chill out at the Sister in Laws for a bit.
- 16:30 – Mother in Law rings she has arrived at the hotel, so its back to Newport to pick her up.
- 16:50 – Find the MIL, head back to Ryde.
- 17:15 – Arrive back at Sister in Laws’ place. Pick up wife and youngest, leaving toddler
- 17:30 – Arrive at restaurant (in Ryde) with Jen, Youngest, MIL and meet father, who thankfully made his own way there
- 19:16 – Dinner finished leave Ryde for Newport (fourth trip between the two towns today)
- 20:00 – Get youngest ready for bed and settled, move travel cot (and Youngest) to the MILs room
- 20:10 – Go out of hotel and find a pub, with Jen and NO KIDS!
- 22:30 – sleep. bit tired now.
Sunday was slightly less manic, but involved Church and no trains. Can’t have everything I suppose!
I think life is better with kids, but I’m a bit too tired to think properly right now.